Slenderness Ration and Tank Banding for Mild Steel Pump Tank Stations
- Advantage PTS & CPTS pump tank stations with mild or stainless steel reservoirs use banding to increase tank wall strength without increasing wall thickness.
- The Slenderness Ratio is used to compare strength of wall thickness and height and is a measure of tank strength.
- A lower ratio means a stronger tank.
- Competitive tanks that do not use banding must used a thicker wall to equal the Advantage slenderness ratio.
- Thicker walls mean increased product weight and shipping costs for comparable size tanks.
For more information about slenderness ratio and tank banding call the Advantage Sales Department at 317-887-0729.
Would you like to Download FYI #146 to your browser?
Need Application Assistance?
Our Experienced Team Can Save You Time & Money.
Tell Us About Your Project