ICM 450 THREE PHASE MOTOR PROTECTOR & POWER MONITOR
- How It Works
- At power up, the ICM 450 evaluates the incoming power for proper phase, amplitude and symmetry (voltage imbalance).
- If the phase input at the line side connections is within user-set parameters, the load energize LED is turned on and the internal relay is energized.
- If a critical fault condition exists (phase loss or phase reversal) the ICM 450 will immediately de-energize.
- If a non critical fault exists (imbalanced, high or low voltage) the ICM 450 ignores the issue and writes a note to memory.
- Programmable 3 phase line voltage monitor with 25 fault memory, high temperature LCD display, easy setup & clear, diagnostic readout of system faults.
- The ICM 450 (a UL listed component) is designed to protect motors and other 3 phase equipment from premature failure and damage from imbalanced, over/under voltage, phase lose, reversal, incorrect sequencing
and rapid short cycling.
- The ICM 450 phase monitoring can be installed in most Advantage equipment using three phase power, including central cooling and some portable equipment where panel space is available.
- Advantage installs the ICM monitor on the incoming power supply protecting all system motors. For example, a 3-circuit Titan central chiller with three compressors, process, evaporator and standby pumps
needs only one ICM 450 monitor to protect all 6 motors. Load side monitoring can be done as well but requires an ICM 450 three phase monitor for each motor.
- Programmable - 25 fault memory storage
- High temperature LCD to 167°F
- 190-600 VAC operation
- Simultaneous voltage display - no scrolling
- Line voltage programmable
- Reset - auto or manual
- 7-step pushbutton setup
- Monitors: Voltage imbalance, high/low voltage, phase loss, reversal, incorrect sequencing, rapid short cycling
- UL and CSA for building code compliance
- Fully adjustable variables
- Line voltage
- Voltage imbalance
- Delay on break period
- Fault interrogation
- Over/under voltage
- Reset and control modes
Would you like to Download FYI #314 to your browser?
Need Application Assistance?
Our Experienced Team Can Save You Time & Money.
Tell Us About Your Project