Typical Hydronic System and Primary-Secondary Pumping System Schematic
- Many heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) users prefer a closed hydronic water circulation system to Advantage Engineering's typical open reservoir style system.
- Applying this style system in an industrial process application requires careful consideration and thorough pre-planning before selecting the system components and installing the system.
- Typical components of a hydronic system include an air separator, compression tank, incoming water pressure reducing valve and air control valve.
- The schematic below illustrates a a typical hydronic system.
- Considerations for Closed Hydronic Systems.
- Air separation is critical if the water piping system is opened often such as when molds are changed in molding applications. Hydronic systems are best applied when the piping
system is not opened such as HVAC applications.
- Since compression tanks hold a relatively small volume of water compared to open reservoir systems there is little fluid flywheel to absorb temporary load fluctuations.
- Adding water treatment chemicals is more difficult compared to a system using an open tank.
- The system static pressure is higher with a hydronic system compared to an open tank system because of the constant fill pressure applied to the hydronic system.
- Special considerations must be made when the process water flow is different (higher or lower) then the flow required to support the chiller. See scematic below.
This drawing is supplied to demonstrate a possible piping configuration. The drawing is general in nature and is not intended to be all inclusive of every detail that might be required for your specific location and installation. Advantage accepts no responsibility for piping and any other component supplied or installed by others.
For more information about hydronic system and primary-secondary pumping call the Advantage Sales Department at 317-887-0729.
Would you like to Download FYI #286 to your browser?
Need Application Assistance?
Our Experienced Team Can Save You Time & Money.
Tell Us About Your Project