Multi Zone Control (MZC III) Zone Board Calibration
- The calibration of the Multizone Control (MZC III) zone board is simple and straightforward.
- Typical placement of Zone Control boards in central water chillers.
- Notes :
- Each probe circuit has a single point calibration potentiometer.
- The procedure is to know the fluid temperature that the probe is in and adjust its pot to reflect that temperature.
- Calibration can be accomplished by turning the chilled water set point up so that all compressors are off.
- Then, place the sensor from a known temperature measurement device into the chiller tank and use this temperature to calibrate the probes following the procedures in steps 2-4 below.
- An ice bath as the known temperature also works well by calibrating to a spare probe, if you have one. The probes are interchangeable to +/- 1.2°F.
- How To :
- In the upper left hand corner of the zone board you will find (2) multi turn pots.
- The left one (labeled CALPOT) calibrates the Evaporator In probe (Ei1 on the MZC III instrument display).
- The right one (labeled CALPOT 1) calibrates the Evaporator Out probe (Eo1 on the MZC III instrument display).
- To calibrate the Zone 1 probes, from the MZC III display, press the Zone button until the 'Zone 1" LED light is flashing.
- Then press Select until 'Ei1' is displayed. Use a small, non conductive screw driver to adjust the calibration screw on the multi turn pot until the display's temperature
matches your known calibration temperature.
- Make adjustments slowly! The temperature value is averaged over time and there is a small communication lag due to the scanning process within the MZC III instrument.
- Once the Ei1 probe is calibrate, press Select until 'Eo1' is displayed and repeat the procedure.
- Repeat these steps until all probes in all zones are calibrated.
For more information about MZC III controller and zone board calibration call the Advantage Sales Department at 317-887-0729.
Would you like to Download FYI #285 to your browser?
Need Application Assistance?
Our Experienced Team Can Save You Time & Money.
Tell Us About Your Project