1 Page document
with full color.
Acrobat PDF file.
Size: 248 KB.
COPELAND SCROLL COMPRESSORS
Copeland Scroll compressors are used on most Advantage portable and central liquid chillers, from 3 to 90 tons, air cooled and water cooled units.
Copeland Scroll compressors have several benefits over other types of compressors. Scroll Compressors...
• Have only three moving parts. Fewer moving parts mean increased reliability. By comparison, piston compressors have up to
nine moving parts per cylinder. Benefit: fewer maintenance calls.
• Do not use complex internal suction and discharge valves. Because of this, scroll compressors are more tolerant to
liquid refrigerant and debris. Benefit: durability.
• Are more efficient over their entire operating range, thanks to less cycling and 100% volumetric efficiency. Benefit:
• Are compact in overall size, are light weight, and are simple in design. Benefit: easy service and maintenance.
• Operate at a lower sound and vibration levels. Benefit: quiet operation.
Operational sequence of Scroll Compressors
Refrigerant enters outer opening as one scroll orbits the other.
The open passage is sealed and refrigerant is drawninto the compression chamber.
As one scroll continue orbiting, the refrigerant is compressed into an increasingly smaller, crescent-shaped pocket.
By the time the refrigerant reaches a central port in the stationary scroll, it has achieved maximum (discharge) pressure.
During actual operation, all passages are in various stages of compression at all times, resulting in near-continuous intake and discharge for optimum performance.
Typical scroll compressors on Advantage central liquid chiller.
For more information about Scroll Compressors
call the Advantage Sales Department at 317-887-0729.
Advantage Engineering, Inc. 525 East Stop 18 Road, Greenwood, IN 46142 Phone: 317-887-0729 Fax: 317-881-1277
Privacy Statement: we will not sell, rent or release any personal information you share with us to third party vendors. Sitemap
Product innovation and improvement is our constant goal. All features, specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice or liability.
Products are assembled in the United States of America.
©2013 ADVANTAGE ENGINEERING, INC
Advantage Engineering Provides Industry Process Cooling Equipment For Optimizing Your Process