Once Through Cooling - Typical Flow Animation
A "Once-Through Cooling System" is a unique system where the process fluid is consumed by the process and can not be recovered.
- Typical applications include Batch Mixing for:
- Personal care products
- Other Applications:
- Product Washing
- Process fluid enters the heat exchanger, is cooled by chilled fluid and exits the heat exchanger and is consumed.
- Process water temperatures as low as 38°F can be achieved with the system.
- The system is sized using the process fluid flow rate and desired temperature change from entering the heat exchanger to exiting the heat exchanger.
- The formula is:
- GPM = water flow rate gallons per minute
- Tent = temperature in Fahrenheit degrees of water entering heat exchanger
- Text = temperature in Fahrenheit degrees of water leaving heat exchanger
- Formula is only valid for for water. Consult factory for other fluids.
Calculate Your Cooling Load
Need Application Assistance?
Our Experienced Team Can Save You Time & Money.
Tell Us About Your Project